- This event has passed.
Horse Speak – Phase II Clinic
July 13 - July 16
Hands-on Participants: $675
Auditors welcome: $60/day or $200 for all four days.
FromtheMother Farm, Snohomish, WA
A 4-day, deep-dive into Horse Speak
July 13, 14, 15 and 16
Private Lessons with Sharon will be available on July 17.
Horse Speak™ is a practical system for “listening” and “talking” to horses in their language, instead of expecting them to comprehend ours.
Horse Speak promises improved understanding of what a horse is telling you and provides simple replies you can use to tell him that you “hear” him, you “get it,” and you have ideas you want to share with him, too.
This 4-day clinic will deepen your understanding of equine communication – their gestures, breath messages and body language. You will learn human-versions of these communications that horses understand and respond to.
This clinic includes workshops in theory, interactive exercises with humans, herd observation, sharing space with horses at liberty and in-hand application. Personal horses accepted (see below) and resident horses available.
- Hands-on participants must have participated in a previous clinic taught by Sharon Wilsie, or have read Horse Speak: The Equine Human Translation Guide and watched the Fundamentals of Horse Speak webinar.
- There will be a quick interview process for horses traveling onto the clinic site to participate. Sharon may request a short video of the horse to ensure the horse will be a good fit in the clinic. All clinic horses must be able to be safely handled by other participants.
Who Should Attend?
- Horse Lovers of all levels & disciplines
- Equine Health Care Professionals such as Veterinarians, Farriers, Equine Dentists, Chiropractors, Bodyworkers, etc.
- Equine Specialists and others who work with horses and people in a therapeutic setting.
- Trainers and Instructors looking for a new way of being & working with horses.
Limited participation spots are available. Auditors welcome!
Registration and Payment
Contact the clinic host Mary Shank (firstname.lastname@example.org or 425-347-9062).
- Clinic fee for Hands-on Participants: $675. $300 holds your place in the clinic; balance due June 15. No refunds after June 15 for cancellations unless the spot is filled from the wait list.
- Auditors: $60/day ($200 for the full 4 days). ½ of auditing fee holds your place; balance due on day of clinic.
- Overnight boarding fee: $20/night (you clean the stall and paddock, and provide hay etc.)
- Day haul-in fee: $10